Monday

Seeking Rainbows

This past year has presented so many challenges. The older I become the greater the sense of urgency I feel in my mission. ‘If’ is a word I often use as I dream, or sometimes fret, about all the things I’d like to achieve. My ‘Moldova list’ is endless and my prayers for help are constant. Recently as I was driving through the pelting rain, across the lowlands of East Sussex, I somewhat jokingly asked God to give me a brief little sign that I was on the right track.

I’m certain we can manifest a plethora of ‘signs’ in almost every thing we see. But I was profoundly touched by the sight of a rainbow that began to stretch across the chalkened sky. It was just the message I needed at that moment.

In the Bible the rainbow is a great symbol of hope, the gift that God gave to Noah and his companions as a sign of His promise never to abandon them. It's also a sign of God's engagement with brokenness. And shows that even in dividedness there can be the possibility of something new and creative, the colours that make up light have a beauty in their separateness as well as when they merge.

Whenever I see a rainbow it reminds me that there is always a new perspective and a new sense of hope in the changes we face in our lives. It also reminds me that God never promised that our lives would be easy; He simply said that He would be with us.
.
.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home